Wednesday, June 11, 2008

WTF, part 2


Are you kidding me?


On the June 6 edition of Fox News' America's Pulse, host E.D. Hill teased an upcoming discussion on a gesture Sen. Barack Obama shared with his wife, Michelle, saying, "A fist bump? A pound? A terrorist fist jab? The gesture everyone seems to interpret differently." (source: the Huffington Post)

"A terrorist fist jab." A terrorist fist jab. Are they serious? Did I actually write those words? Who comes up with this crap? Even Joseph McCarthy is laughing at this. Where does Fox come up with these people? Who actually believes this bullshit?

Why am I even blogging about this?

(Because I have to share the stupidity and warn all of you to be careful out there.)

Ms. Hill even brought in a body-language expert to analyze the so-called "terrorist fist jab."

She did apologize, saying

I mentioned various ways the Obamas' fist pump in St. Paul had been characterized in the media. I apologize because unfortunately, some thought I personally had characterized it inappropriately. I regret that. It was not my intention. And I certainly didn't mean to associate the word "terrorist" in any way to Senator Obama and his wife. Now, today, the senator is talking about the economy. (source: The Huffington Post)

The fact that Fox actually let her apologize should be duly noted as an act of God. That was, however, not enough, as Ms. Hill's show was cancelled the day after her apology.

Should you feel the need to make your voice here regarding this, ahem, "issue," you can do so here. You can also witness this assinine joke via the same link.

Unfortunately, she is being replaced with Bill O'Reilly female doppelganger, Laura Ingraham. Yeah, she's a peach.


No comments: