Sunday, June 8, 2008

Recollections from the weekend



We went to Asheville, NC this weekend to visit my family. For the first time that I can recall, it wasn't really a stressful trip. Which is good.

Some thoughts from the weekend:

* It brings great joy to me to watch my daughter and my mom interact. The happiness on both of their faces delights me to no end.

* Government help for senior citizens sucks, for lack of a better term. I'd go further into this, but the rage I'll develop won't let me get to sleep tonight.

* There are a lot of great people in the mountains.

* There are a plethora of odd, rough-looking scary people in the mountains that remind me of why I moved away.

* Someone thinks Debit Cards are called "Debid" Cards...and they displayed that knowledge to the world.

* I love that my wife and I "get" each other and don't have to say a word to acknowledge it.

* I miss my niece and nephew tremendously and feel somewhat guilty that I don't live closer by so that I can be there for them. Sometimes, no one is there for them. Not intentionally. Just circumstance.

I'm sure there's more, but it's late and I'm tired. It was good to see family again.

No comments: