Monday, September 15, 2008

Ageism and Public Service

I understand this is a tricky situation here. I've known people who experienced serious cases of ageism in the workplace, and it's wrong. If a person can do a job, then they should be allowed to do that job.

However.

In regards to the supposed "leader of the free world," I am going on record as saying that John McCain is too old and his health too much in question for him to be elected President of the United States. I would say this even if his running mate was Bill Clinton, George Bush, Mitt Romney, Joe Lieberman or Mike Huckabee.

The fact that his choice for Vice President can run a hell of a PTA meeting, gut a moose and govern a state with more reindeer than people makes my belief even stronger.

Here's the facts, Jack.



I don't think these are facts that can be spun or otherwise made to be positive. Just my opinion. I could be wrong. I'm getting old, you know.